Teflon is the most famous trademark of PTFE based formula products. Its excellent dielectric properties, especially at high RF, make it suitable for use as an excellent insulator in printed circuit boards (also used in connector assemblies and cables) at microwave frequencies. Combined with its higher melting temperature, this usually makes the material the best high-performance alternative to the weaker and lower melting point polyethylene commonly used in low-cost applications. Most of the materials used in PCB are not pure PTFE, but a small amount of micro fiber glass is immersed in the substrate, or PTFE filled with woven glass reinforcement or ceramic.
At present, various types of PTFE products play an important role in the national economy, such as chemical, mechanical, electronic, electrical, military, aerospace, environmental protection and bridge.
Application of PTFE Teflon PCB
PTFE Teflon PCB is suitable for electrical insulating materials and linings, support sliders, rail seals and lubricating materials for electrical insulating materials and contacting corrosive media. In light industry, it is used for rich cabinet furniture. It is widely used in chemical industry, pharmacy, dye container, storage tank, reactor, large pipeline anti-corrosion lining material. Heavy industry, such as aviation and military; machinery, construction, traffic bridge, slide block, guide rail; printing and dyeing, light industry, anti sticking materials for textile industry, etc
Characteristics of PTFE Teflon PCB
Low loss, low dielectric constant, good consistency, stable chemical properties, almost no moisture absorption. It is usually used in RF and microwave circuits with high requirements.
- High temperature resistance – the maximum operating temperature used is 250 ° C.
- Low temperature resistance – good mechanical toughness; 5% elongation can be maintained even when the temperature drops to – 196 ° C.
- Corrosion resistance – for most chemicals and solvents, it shows inert, strong acids and bases, water and various organic solvents.
- Weatherability – the best aging life of plastics.
- High lubrication – lowest coefficient of friction in solid materials.
- Non viscous is the smallest surface tension of solid materials, does not adhere to any material mechanical properties, its friction coefficient is very small, only 1 / 5 of polyethylene, which is an important feature of perfluorocarbon surface. In addition, due to the extremely low intermolecular force of the fluorocarbon chain, polytetrafluoroethylene has no viscosity.
- It can be implanted into artificial blood vessels and organs for a long time without adverse reactions.
- Good electrical properties – PTFE has low dielectric constant and dielectric loss in a wide frequency range, and has high breakdown voltage, volume resistivity and arc resistance.