Aluminum Substrate PCB has a layout similar to any other PCB.It has one or more layers of copper, solder resistant film and screen printing on it.However, instead of having a glass fiber or plastic substrate, an aluminum circuit board has a metal substrate.The base mainly contains a combination of aluminum.The metal core can consist entirely of metal, or it can have a combination of glass fibers and aluminum.Aluminum Substrate PCBs are usually single-sided, but can also be double-sided.Mulilayer Aluminum Substrate PCB is difficult to make.
Aluminum sheets are used most in LED and power conversion electronics.Intense light from LEDs produces a lot of heat, while aluminium emits heat directly from components.Aluminum PCB prolongs the life of LED devices and provides higher stability.You can find aluminium in street lights, parking lights and home lighting.They allow power converters to change current and regulate electronic devices.Many other industry creators can also find use in aluminium circuit boards, but they do not implement them frequently.
Aluminum Substrate Classification：
Aluminum Substrate PCBs are basically divided into three categories.
- Universal Aluminum PCB: The dielectric layer used here consists of epoxy glass fibre preprepregs.
- High thermal conductivity aluminium PCB: The dielectric layer is made of epoxy resin.The resin used must have high thermal conductivity.
- High Frequency Aluminum PCB: The dielectric layer consists of polyolefin or polyimide resin glass fibre preprepregs.
Structure of Aluminum Substrate PCB：
Aluminum PCB is an aluminium based CCL (CCL is a basic material of PCB).In fact, Aluminum Substrate PCB is very similar to FR4 PCB.The basic structure of Aluminum Substrate PCB is four layers.It consists of a copper foil layer, a dielectric layer, an aluminium base and an aluminium base membrane.
- Copper foil layer: The copper layer used is thicker than ordinary copper clad sheet (1oz-10oz).Thicker copper layer means greater current carrying capacity.
- Dielectric layer: The dielectric layer is a thermal conductive layer with a thickness of approximately 50 to 200 microns.It has low thermal resistance and is therefore suitable for its application.
- Aluminum base material: The third layer is aluminium base material, which is made of aluminium base material.It has a high thermal conductivity.
- Aluminum base film: Aluminum base film is selective.It protects the aluminium surface from scratches and unnecessary corrosion.It has two types, below 120 or about 250 degrees (high temperature resistance).