Rogers pcb material is a kind of high frequency material. Rogers pcb has excellent dielectric constant and temperature stability. The thermal expansion coefficient of its dielectric constant is very consistent with that of copper foil, which can be used to improve the shortage of PTFE substrate. It is very suitable for the design of high-speed and high-frequency circuits, as well as the application of microwave and RF products. Because of its low water absorption, it can be used as an ideal choice for high humidity applications.
Advantages of Rogers pcb material
FR-4 material provides the basic standard of PCB substrate, maintaining a wide and effective balance between cost, durability, performance, manufacturability and electrical characteristics.
However, because performance and electrical properties play an important role in your design, Rogers materials have the following advantages:
- Low electrical signal loss
- PCB manufacturing with effective cost
- Reduce dielectric loss
- Better thermal management
- DK (dielectric constant) value range is wide (2.55-10.2)
- Low outgassing in aerospace applications
- Improved impedance control
Roger’s material type
In pcbogo, we can provide the condition tolerant Rogers material for paperboard, which has high frequency and high speed performance, and is widely classified as PTFE based materials and thermosetting materials. There are several PCB materials as follows:
- Woven glass fiber reinforced epoxy laminate
- Woven glass fiber reinforced PTFE antenna grade laminate
- Cross woven glass fiber reinforced PTFE
- Epoxy resin IMS reinforced by woven glass fiber
- Hydrocarbon / ceramic / glass braided UL 94 V-0 laminate
- PTFE ceramics
- Hydrocarbon / ceramic / woven glass
- Filled PTFE Composites
- PTFE random glass fiber
- Bonding materials
- Thermosetting thermal conductive adhesive (teca) film
- Ceramic PTFE adhesive layer
- Hydrocarbon / ceramic / glass braid / prepreg
- Metal cladding
Several metal clad models are available for the following foil types:
- Roll up
- Reverse treatment of electrodeposition
- Resistance foil
Dielectric material is a kind of non-conductive material, which is used as insulation layer in PCB board. Porcelain, mica, glass, plastics and some metal oxides are good dielectrics. The lower the dielectric loss, the more effective the dielectric material is. If the voltage on the dielectric material becomes too high – that is, if the electrostatic field becomes too strong – the material will suddenly start conducting electricity. This phenomenon is called dielectric breakdown. Compared with FR-4, dielectric breakdown of Rogers 4350 is less likely.
The shrinkage of prepreg of “pre impregnated composite fiber” and prepreg in PCB production help to affect the performance characteristics of printed circuit boards.
A term is also used in the PCB manufacturing industry to describe the adhesive layer material used to bond the layers of a multilayer PCB together.