The best BT PCB material is BT FR4. BT (phenylpropanediamide triazine) resin based copper clad laminate (hereinafter referred to as BT board) has high Tg, excellent dielectric properties, low thermal expansion and other properties, which makes it a popular high density interconnect (HDD). It has been widely used in Multilayer PCB and packaging substrate.
“BT” is the chemical trade name of resin produced by Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Co., Ltd. The resin was synthesized by bismaleimide (BMI) and cyanate ester (CE).. As early as 1972, Reiki chemical company began to study BT resin. By 1977, BT PCB began to be used to encapsulate soil for chips, and then they continued their research. By the end of the 1990s, more than ten varieties had been developed. We can manufacture different products to meet different requirements, such as high performance copper clad laminate, chip board, high frequency application copper clad laminate, BT resin for packaging, resin coated copper foil, etc. There are more and more pages on the market.
Importance of BT resin substrate in BT PCB
Properties of BT resin
Because of the importance of BT resin substrate, it has been listed in some authoritative standards in the world, such as EC 249-2-1994 as “No.18” board, ipg4101-1997 as “30” board, mil-s-13949h as “GMR board”, and JIS product standard for such products is JS c-6494-1994. China’s national standard GB / T 4721-1992 also defines it as BT “board.
BT resin combines the excellent properties of BMI and CE resin.
It has the following characteristics:
- The glass transition temperature is 230-330 ° C;
- Excellent long-term heat resistance, long-term heat resistance temperature is 160-230 ° C;
- Excellent thermal shock resistance;
- The dielectric constant (ER) is about 2.8-3.5, and the dielectric loss tangent tan6 is about (1.5-3.0) × 10-3;
- Excellent electrical insulation performance, even after moisture absorption can maintain a high insulation resistance;
- Good resistance to ion migration;
- Good mechanical properties;
- Good dimensional stability and low curing shrinkage;
- The melt viscosity is low and the wettability is good;
- The shape of resin varies from old to solid at room temperature, which can be processed by a variety of processing methods;
- Soluble in common solvents, such as MEK, NMP, etc;
- It can be modified by a variety of other compounds;
- It can be cured at lower temperature;
- It is compatible with the traditional FR-4 production process.