Whether it’s to supply Rigid pcb prototypes or production that needs large-scale PCB manufacturing and PCB assembly, this technology is effective and reliable. The flexible PCB part is especially outstanding in overcoming the space and weight problems caused by the degree of freedom of space.
In the early stage of PCB design, serious consideration of rigid flexible solutions and appropriate evaluation of available options will yield significant benefits. It is crucial that PCB manufacturers be involved early in the design process to ensure that the design and Fab parts are consistent and that differences in the final product are taken into account.
Compared with the rigid plate manufacturing, the manufacturing stage is more complex and time-consuming. All flexible components of rigid flexible components have completely different treatment, etching and welding process from rigid FR4 plate.
Design and manufacture of Rigid pcb
In the process of PCB design, some factors must be considered when the final product size changes. In the manufacture of rigid flexible board, the flexible polyimide core will shrink once the bonded copper foil is etched. This change must be considered in the design process.
The final assembly process needs to bend the flexure into a certain shape, which may cause stress fracture.
Advantages of Rigid pcb :
- Space requirements can be minimized by applying 3D
- By eliminating the need for connectors and cables between rigid components, the size of the board and the weight of the entire system can be reduced.
- By maximizing space, the number of parts is usually less.
- Fewer solder joints ensure higher connection reliability.
- Compared with the flexible plate, the assembly process is easier.
- Simplified PCB assembly process.
- The integrated ZIF contacts provide a simple modular interface for the system environment.
- The test conditions are simplified. Complete testing can be done before installation.
- Rigid plate greatly reduces logistics and assembly costs.
It is possible to increase the complexity of mechanical design, which also increases the degree of freedom to optimize the housing solution.