Aluminum PCBs contains dielectric metal substrates and bonded copper circuit layers that produce excellent heat transfer, helping to chill components while eliminating problems associated with the management of fragile ceramics.
When exceeding all customer expectations, Alcanta PCB is committed to becoming the best Aluminium PCB manufacturer.We provide a variety of conductive and conductive interface pads, thermal gap fillers, thermal phase change materials and thermal insulation materials, as well as specialized equipment for mass production.
Aluminum-based PCB can continuously improve the durability and long-term reliability of the final product through temperature control and corresponding failure rate reduction.Aluminum design also offers better mechanical stability and lower thermal expansion than other available materials.
Aluminum PCB Layer：
Aluminum PCB is a unique layered system composed of the following layers.
- Circuit layer:Printed circuit foil, 1 oz to 5 oz thick.
- Dielectric layer:Dielectric layers can have many different choices that provide electrical isolation with minimal thermal resistance.It is also used to bond the circuit layer to the base material.Each specific dielectric has its own UL certification.Please refer to the list below to understand the various materials in our stock to ensure a variety of options for fast delivery.
- The basic level:The base layer is usually aluminum, but it can also be copper.Although there are many thickness options, the most common thickness is 0.040 inches (1.0mm).
Structure of Aluminum PCB:
Aluminum PCB is aluminum based CCl (CCL is a basic material of PCB). In fact, Aluminum PCB is very similar to FR4 PCB. The basic structure of aluminum PCB is four layers. It is composed of copper foil layer, dielectric layer, aluminum base layer and aluminum film.
- Copper foil: the copper layer used is relatively thicker than ordinary copper clad laminate (1oz-10oz). A thicker copper layer means greater current carrying capacity.
- Dielectric layer: the dielectric layer is a thermal conductive layer with a thickness of about 50 μ m to 200 μ M. Therefore, it has low thermal resistance.
- Aluminum substrate: the third layer is aluminum substrate, which is composed of aluminum substrate. It has high thermal conductivity.
- Aluminum based film layer: aluminum based film is selective. It has a protective effect by protecting the aluminum surface from scratch and unnecessary corrosion. It comes in two types, below 120 degrees or about 250 degrees
Classification of Aluminum PCB:
Aluminum PCB is basically divided into three categories.
- General purpose aluminum pcb: the dielectric layer used here consists of epoxy glass fiber prepreg.
- High thermal conductivity aluminum pcb: the dielectric layer is made of epoxy resin. The resin used must be of high thermal conductivity.
- High frequency aluminum pcb: the dielectric layer consists of polyolefin or polyimide resin glass fiber prepreg
Aluminum PCB Advantage：
- Improving product durability
- Power density increase
- Increase thermal efficiency
- Reduce the number of interconnects
- Lower junction temperature
- Reduce PCB size
- Eliminate old hardware
- Reduce the workforce required for assembly
- Various shapes and sizes
- Minimize thermal impedance
Aluminum PCB Application：
You can use aluminium sheets to improve the durability and performance of the product.The simple design and low thermal resistance of the dielectric output make it an insulator for all other printed circuit boards of power and high operating temperature components.Compared with copper, the lower cost, lightweight materials and excellent durability are the biggest reasons why aluminum is used in these applications.
- Audio device: Input, output amplifier, balanced amplifier, amplifier , pre-amplifier, power amplifier.
- Power Supply: Switching regulator, DC / AC converter, SW regulator, etc.
- Communication electronic equipment: High-frequency amplifier, filtering appliances, the transmitter circuit
- Office automation equipment: Motor drive, etc.
- Automobile: Electronic regulator, ignition, power supply controller, etc.
- Computer: CPU board , diskette drive, power supply devices, etc.
- Power Modules: Inverter, solid-state relays, rectifier bridges.
- Lamps and lighting: because the advocated promotion of energy-saving lamps, a spread of colourful energy-saving LED lights are well received by the market, and aluminum PCB utilized in LED lights also begin large-scale applications.
Below are some examples of applications using aluminium backplates:
- Power conversion: Aluminum cladding has a variety of thermal properties, is compatible with mechanical fasteners, and is highly reliable.
- LED circuit board: LEB PCB uses aluminum to ensure minimum operating temperature and maximum brightness, color and lifetime.With many low-cost dielectric material options and specific manufacturing equipment dedicated to one-sided production of LED lighting products, we can provide customers with the best overall solution.
- Motor Drive: Selection of the heat-pack dielectric provides the electrical isolation required to meet the operational parameters and test requirements of the safety mechanism.
- Solid state relay: Aluminum provides a very hot, efficient and mechanically rugged material that dissipates heat from key system components.
- Automotive Industry: Aluminum sheets are used in the automotive industry because they require long-term reliability at high operating temperatures and efficient utilization space.Components most commonly used in automotive lighting systems.
- Consumer Products: Aluminum PCBs are most commonly used in street lighting, traffic control lighting, indoor building lighting, landscape lighting and camping equipment due to their light weight and small size.
Aluminum PCB Storage Conditions:
Aluminum PCBs are generally stored during a dark, dry environment. Most aluminum PCBs are susceptible to moisture, yellowing, and blackening. Generally, they ought to be used within 48 hours after opening the vacuum package.