Aluminum PCBs contain a skinny layer of thermal conductive dielectric material that transmits heat.Aluminum clad, Aluminum base, Metal clad computer circuit board (MCPCB), Insulated metal baseboard (IMS or IMPCB), Thermal conductive PCB, etc.But all of them have an equivalent meaning and therefore the same way.
A thin layer of conductive but electrically insulated media is laminated between the metal base and therefore the copper foil.Copper foil is etched into the specified circuit pattern, while the metal base sucks heat from the circuit through a skinny dielectric.
Difficulties in manufacturing aluminum substrates:
Almost all aluminium PCBs have the same manufacturing process.Here we will discuss the major manufacturing processes, difficulties and their solutions.
Copper etching: Copper foil used for aluminium PCB is relatively thick.However, if the copper foil exceeds 3 ounces, the etching requires width compensation.If the design requirements are not met, the line width after etching will exceed the tolerance range.Therefore, the line width compensation should be designed accurately.The etching factor needs to be controlled during the manufacturing process.
Solder Resistance Film Printing: Due to the thick copper foil, it is difficult to print the solder Resistance Film of Aluminum PCB.This is because if the copper is too thick, the etched image will be very different between the surface of the wire and the substrate, and it will be difficult to print the resistance film.Therefore, double resistance printing is used.The used solder oil should be of good quality, in some cases, first filled with resin, then filled with solder.
Machine Manufacturing: Machine manufacturing involves mechanical drilling, shaping, v-notching, etc. These processes are left in the internal holes.This tends to reduce the electrical intensity.Therefore, electric and professional milling cutters should be used to produce products in small batches.Drilling parameters should be adjusted to prevent burrs.This will help your machine manufacturing.
Application of Aluminum Substrate:
Aluminum base has good heat dissipation function.Because LEDs generate a lot of heat, the printed circuit boards of LED lamps are usually aluminium substrates.
- Audio equipment: input and output amplifiers, balance amplifiers, audio amplifiers, preamplifiers, power amplifiers, etc.
- Power supply equipment: stabilizer, regulator, DC-AC adapter, etc.
- Communication electronic equipment: high frequency amplifier, filter circuit.
- Office automation equipment: motor drivers, etc.
- Computers: Power devices, floppy disk drives, motherboards, etc.
- Power module: Inverter, solid state relay, rectifier bridge, etc.
- Electronic control: relay, transistor base, various components in the circuit
- Switch, Microwave: Radiator, Semiconductor Device, Heat Insulation and Motor Controller.
- Industrial vehicles: ignitor, regulator, automatic safety control system, lighting conversion system.
- LED display (two modes: LED display; display with LED light source)
- Lighting: With the promotion of energy-saving lamps, various energy-saving LED lamps are welcomed in the market, so the aluminum substrates for LED lamps have been widely used.